Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Difficult Befores, Afters & After Afters

It's been some time since I posted and that's primarily because I've stayed quite busy.  I spend a lot of time at the gym, sewing, spinning, knitting, weaving... and working, of course, to do all of those other things.  I have also hesitated composing a blog that was 100% frank about where I was physically. 

About a month ago, I felt "comfortable" with the results that I had achieved.  I was excited that I got under 200 lbs. and far enough from that point that I didn't see the need to keep going, but set my sights on maintaining.  A month ago is when that all changed and someone said to me, "you should keep going."  What?  How far?  That person suggested that I go for losing another 25 lbs.  I always thought that was sort of a pie-in-the-sky goal. 

I re-dedicated myself to the gym, started tracking my calories religiously and then made the decision to have a personal trainer push me more physically.  I've drawn a lot of inspiration, during this time, from looking at pictures of people who have succeeded.  While I feel like I've succeeded to a degree, it's hard to remember just how far I've come.  For this reason, I've decided to publicly share images of my befores and afters. 

The before pictures are incredibly painful to see.  The after pictures remind me that there will still be "after" afters to come.
Here are the befores:
This is from Fall 2006, at one of my heaviest weights.
 This photo is from Spring 2007, again at one of my heaviest weights.
 This is from February 2009, after I got married.  I did lose about 20-25 pounds for the wedding.
 This is one of the hardest pictures to see because it was taken while I was wearing clothes that truly show my body.  I was about 15 lbs. lighter than my heaviest weight.  It was the morning of my surgery, the day my life changed, on 10/8/2009.

Here are some afters:
One of my favorite afters in March 2011
 More of a full shot March 2011, I wish I wasn't fidgeting.
 After climbing to the top of Piestewa Peak for the first time in March 2011.
 January 2011, when I thought I was "comfortable" and not prepared to go the distance.  I am still happy with the way I look, but I feel better now that I've lost another 6-8 lbs. since this.

I'm learning a lot about being effective in the gym.  It's my second week with seeing my trainers 3x's a week and I am working hard.  Hope to show some more "afters" soon!

6 comments:

DS said...

I'm amazed!

rjsams said...

You've really worked hard and it shows! Gorgeous!!

Pie Maker said...

Im proud of you my friend!

Unknown said...

You're an inspiration! Great job, Jodi!

rjsams said...

You look fabulous!

Unknown said...

Truly inspiring, Jodi! You are amazingly dedicated. You should be so proud of your achievements.